Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What a hectic day and a reason to cheer up...

Lots of things happened lately. Some of them were good, some otherwise.

It all started at the end of October, when finally, I've completed my probationary driving license. Haha.... I have to admit, I've completed my license without getting any summons and I'm actually very proud of it. It all started back to 1999, where I got my first license, which I took it for granted. Since I got 4 charges in one traffic's summon, I never try to renew it because all the demerit calculation should point me back to the driving school. It was at Sapura, when my jobs required me to travel, then I started to take things seriously and be a good Malaysian driver. During those illegal driving, I got 2 summons, one for driving with expired license and the other was "that" accident, which I never able to look back and talk about it.

And then, 2 Non-Confirmation report was issued to my department after an internal audit being conducted by my department. It's actually not my fault, but I guess everyone needs to point the finger to somebody else. I never afraid to admit if make any mistake, but if your boss make a mistake, you should be also accountable.

Never mind.

The good thing is, people at my department is starting to have a glance at me. I never thought NCRs can make you popular. Now, I have the opportunity to get close to everyone. I'm trying to play dumb, just to get close to everyone else and guess what, it's actually working!!!

Then, my immediate supervisor had a bad week. It's all because of the ignorance of procedures and never take his fellow colleagues seriously. That kind of behavior is unnecessary and unprofessional. Suddenly become mad at people, taking things for granted. One of my colleague was a victim in this mess. I'm actually feel sorry for her. I just trying to help in any ways possible. Lots of his job has being delegated to me, and today, I've being assigned to become site supervisor for YTL Wimax installation. I don't know if he gives his vote of confidence, or just too lazy to do the works commissioning. I don't care. I just want to show that I'm capable of doing whatever he ask me to do. By the way, please say NO to YES, if you get what I mean. =)

Finally, something that give me thousands reason to cheer up. I got my CIVIC ES today!!! 2003 model for RM 57k. That's a good one considering I got a full specs car. V-kool Tinted, Enkei 15 sport rims, full body kit, leather seat, 85k of mileage and so on. I was looking and surveying the car for almost a year. What's really funny thought, I bought it in just 3 days only.

For the moment, I'm really happy. That Vtec really has something to get all excited, even though it just SOHC Vtec and start to roar after 4500 rpm. This 1.7 fuel consumption is good.
  • For a long distance, with average speed of 80km/h,  FC = 625 km/ 40 liter = 15.625km perliter.
  • For city ride, with average of ???, FC = 280km/27.027 = 10.36km perliter.
Hmm, cannot be compared with Persona, because it's a different class of cc. Also, what kind of method we use to calculate the FC? Mine, I fill RM 50 of Ron 95, which equals to 27.027 liter and take the reading of the odometer. When the indicator light for low fuel appear, then I log the distance. I leave out the reservoir tanks since I don't want to end up waiting for a patrol car on the road. And repeat the measurement at least 3 times to get the better average. More measurement, much better calculation, since we're talking about average. But honestly, the FC is directly proportional to the forces you applied on the pedal. Agressive driver with an itchy right foot gives less FC even using similar car.

Anyway, it's a good car for a novice like me. The downside is, this ES3 only available in automatic for Malaysia's market. You can find manual engine (half cut) for less than RM 10k.

K20A would suit me much better though. Wait for it, wait for it.......Wooohooo....

No comments: