Friday, October 29, 2010

Looking for a new (used) car

My friends keep saying that I kind of a guy who too choosy when deciding what my ride will be. And I couldn't agree more. I just have a bad feeling about my own budget. You know, to commit 7 or 8 years of loan, is way too long. Anything can happen, especially coming from a not-so-rich person like me.

My deciding factor always will be like this. If I can find a car at a bargain price, that should do it. Of course, cash buy will be a very good choice, but then I got a sad story ending in my account's book. Sigh.

Nevertheless, I can only dreaming what my car will be, for the time being. I've already submitted my loan application. Lucky for me, as a government servant, I can make a car loan up to RM 65k with 4% of interest. Wait a minute, doesn't sound pretty good. 4%?? It's quite high, figuratively speaking. What's the advantages of being government servant after all?

Here's quite simple yet tricky one. Actually the overall interest will be 2.138% plus minus. The simple part is, the loan is 4%, as stated in Perbendaharaan Malaysia. The real deal is, it does not state, it's actually 4% of your remaining loan balance. Instead of flat rate of 4% for 65k, it's actually revising the calculation itself on the remaining balance, sticking to the original 4% rate of interest. So, the balance amount will reduce month by month and it's the same if you make a 65 grand loan with 2.138 of interest. Awesome!!! And the same calculation also can be implied on housing loan!!! Nice...

Lot of people are getting confuse by this. Even, all of my office mates completely clueless about this, and top of this, I had to spend some time to explain and convince them. And also, the finance personnel will never disclose this kind of calculation. That's the most trickiest part.

Enough of this, now where do I need to settle? Of course, what's kind of car?? Absolutely, with that kind of money, I'm going for a used car. Considering a new car, I only can get a new Full spec Proton Persona (Myvi's only for teenagers). I really like the look of Proton Persona. It's quite attractive with lots of good reviews you can find on the net. It's better than OVERPRICE Inspira, or should I rephrase it, IT'S a PIRAcy. Good car, but the price is too ridiculous. Way to high. Enough to fool some people with this "bought technologies comparing to the actual Lancer's which originally overprice due to the taxes."

80k is cheap??  The ceiling price should be 70k max. They didn't design the car. They just bought it, which in particular case, they rebuilt it. Some people just blind. The consumers' powers and rights are decreasing. But hey, it's your money. A Malay proverb says, "You better start measuring your own shirt with your own body."

Back to Persona, now if I take it as my first car, I must accept Protons' resales value will drop like a rock skimming on the water, which will end up at the bottom of the lake. Then, I need to choose wise. I need to know what are the requirement to fulfill my satisfaction. I've listed down some:

1 - Efficiency in fuel consumption.
2 - Can draw powers when you need them. 
3 - Not too old, comfy in ride and can ride with pride.
4 - Good resale value (in case my account's book flows all the way out).
5 - Safe (at least 4 out of 5 safety rating).

All the requirement lead to only one car, which satisfy my budget. 


It is known as Civic 1.7.
  The price's dropping at the moment (October always a special month, I don't know why). 2003 car can get around 50k.
SWEET!!!! I JUST CANNOT RESIST THE WAY SHE'S STARING AT ME ...I'M GETTING THIS FOR SURE!!!

No comments: